The nominees for The Grand Music Award 2019 - the highest honor in the field on music in Latvia - have been announced. This year the jury of 7 experts in the field of music have chosen 23 nominees in 8 categories:
- Composer Maija Einfelde
- Composer Pauls Dambis
PRODUCTION OF THE YEAR:
- "Dialogues of the Carmelites" - Opera by Francis Poulenc. Latvian National Opera.
- "West Side Story" - Musical by Leonard Bernstein. Cēsis Arts Festival
- "I played, I danced" - Opera by Imants Kalniņš. Latvian National Opera
NEW WORK OF THE YEAR:
- Andris Dzenītis - "Leaves Leaving Lepizig"
- Santa Ratniece - "Pļavas"
- Gundega Šmite - "Rītausmas dieve Ēosa"
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Cellist Gunta Ābele
- baritone Rinalds Kandalincevs
- Latvian National Symphony Orchestra
OUTSTANDING WORK IN AN ENSEMBLE
- Cellist Ivars Bezprozvanovs
- Organist Aigars Reinis
- Pianist Mārtiņš Zilberts
CONCERT OF THE YEAR :
- Dialogue with Mozart - soloist Irina Zaharenkova, Sinfonietta Rīga, conductor Olari Elts (organizer – “Latvijas Koncerti”)
- Iveta Apkalna solo recital in concert hall "Latvija" in Ventspils (organizer – “Kurzemes filharmonija”)
- “Ķeniņš and Quadra” by piano quartet Quadra (organizer – New Music Festival “Arēna”)
- OUTSTANDING INTERPRETATION:
- Tenor Raimonds Bramanis
- Conductor Ainārs Rubiķis, conductor
- Pianist Vestards Šimkus and conductor Atvars Lakstīgala
NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR:
- Pianist Edgars Cīrulis
- Singer Ilze Grēvele-Skaraine
- Saxophonist Aigars Raumanis
The Grand Music Award is organized by Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia and VSIA "Latvijas Koncerti".